Thursday, October 29, 2009

turn that frown upside down

This is the expression my son had on his face all morning.I decided to have a sit down chat with him to figure out what was bothering him. When I asked him what was wrong, huge tears started to fall from his eyes and he said "I don't know what is wrong, mom, I'm just sad today." We talked about sadness and how sometimes we have days that aren't as happy as others, but we need to look to God to help us. We talked about the scripture in Nehemiah that talks about the joy of the Lord being our strength. We then made sure that the rest of day was filled with things that would bring us joy!

We made a huge rainbow cookie

We played with all of our play-dough toys.

We even went for a nice autumn walk and to the grocery store
and wore whatever we wanted!
It ended up being a very happy day!

3 comments:

mantleministries said...

Oh that face made me very sad. Glad to see that you had a wonderful day. I love and miss those faces so much. Give them a hug and kiss from us and tell them how much we love and miss them.
MOM

One Thing... said...

That breaks my heart. How is he doing tonight? That is sweet of you to make his day fun. I love the costumes by the way.

Unknown said...

u are a great mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...