Tuesday, October 20, 2009

monkey see, monkey do

Today was an incredible day!
"Why?" you ask... because we had NOTHING TO DO!
It's been almost a month since I've had a day that wasn't scheduled for me and I had such a wonderful time just hanging with my kids. Since Isaac is still on a Curious George kick, we thought it would be fun to dedicate today to the crazy little monkey.
Ok, so I know my sisters are cracking up right now because I am NOT the artist in the family, but my kids LOVED their monkey sammies and Isaac was so impressed he asked for seconds!
Monkey puppets!
We got a kick out of acting like monkeys. We went on a monkey walk looking for good swinging trees, we colored tons of monkey pictures and we even learned how to draw Curious George.
We ended the night with some yummy MONKEY CAKE. Isaac was a little confused why it didn't look like a monkey or a cake, but his daddy was super thrilled! Making this brought me back to childhood!!!

4 comments:

One Thing... said...

For real, you are the best mom ever. I love how much you enjoy being with your kids.

Anonymous said...

cute idea Lori!! i think you should compile all your ideas into a book your so creative!

Steve and Sarah said...

aw i love curious george! that must have been a fun day =)

Kathy said...

Love Money Cake, but my girls call it Money Bread. I'm inspired to make some and share it with Amy, Mike & Alex in celebration of Eliana's birth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...