Monday, April 28, 2014
It was just a Monday.
We headed to George George Park for a picnic and to get out some energy.
We go to this park all the time.
It's nothing new... except that my heart was sensitive and my eyes were open.
I love my kids.
I love hanging out with them.
I love watching them explore.... discover... and enjoy life.
I wish I could remember this feeling when they dump cheerios all over the floor.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Things I am thankful for on April 27, 2014...
- Psalm 145:18
- Windows Down Weather
- Children's Allergy Medication
- The confidence I feel after I pray
- Lavender Lime Lotion from LATHER (got some from a hotel in Chicago and wish I could order a huge bottle!)
- Apps that allow me to text with my parents overseas... for free!
- The Lord's promise to encounter us... even at the most unflattering of times
- My kids heart for missions
- My husbands never-ending support and love for all that God has for me... for him... for us.
at 9:30 PM
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Ever since we went to the city of St. Augustine this past vacation to Florida, I have been doing a lot of research and study on Augustine of Hippo, the saint for which the city is named. It's such an interesting study... which most studies of saints are... but I can't get away from some of the incredibly insightful quotes he is known for. Trust me, there are a lot of them. Right now I have 4 pages in my journal full of them. This one in particular struck me today. I'm not sure what "little ones" he was referring to, but the ones I am beginning with today just poured cereal all over the kitchen floor.