Friday, November 6, 2009

What would your T-Shirt say?

I want to get black t-shirts made that say in neon pink "Just because my daughter is screaming at the top of her lungs doesn't mean I'm a bad mom!" As I was checking out of Target today, Zoey decided to have one of her not-so-amusing shrieking sessions. Out of the corner of my eye I can see all types of different reactions: there was a group of 20-something cashier girls looking over in disgust while twirling their recently styled hair, there was a couple in their 50s buying Christmas ornatments glancing over with looks of sympathy, and the girls at the customer service counter were laughing hysterically. I wanted to get everyone's attention around me and say "I know I am giving the impression that I am a mother that doesn't have control of anything, but I promise if you got to know me I could possibly change your mind about that!" Instead I just put on my best grin and pushed the cart out the door.

7 comments:

Nina Bunk said...

i love you!

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

that is soo funny... because you do get so many responses based on the age group... your new blog sight is sooo cute and the pic of your cute family.... my goodness you find time to balance it all!!

Jaimie said...

you are sooo not alone!!! I have gotten a few dirty looks and a couple of unpleasant remarks. You are such a good mom...sometimes I think people have forgotten that they too, were once a baby that probably let out a scream or two, or perhaps maybe even had a tantrum, lol:) We should do our shopping together...it would make for a nice duet!!!

One Thing... said...

I used to laugh when you would post stuff about Zoey screaming, now I just pray for you cause I imagine it is very frustrating. And just for the record, you are an amazing mom and you should get a t-shirt made.

hisbelovedlizc said...

You say you want a t-shirt? http://walkinginhisdust.com/ProductPage.html

LOL! I'm not quite ready for a "Grand Opening" but these and many others are available if anyone is interested!

Life with Linda said...

my Tshirt would say...
"I am taller and thinner
than I look"

Tina said...

I love it! I wrote a post like this a year or so ago. You're SO not alone!
Mine would probably say,
"I want you to like me"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...