Friday, November 27, 2009

"Do you want your coffee BLACK?" Friday

Last night was incredible, and I don't use that word lightly. It started last year when my brother Tommy wanted a laptop from Best Buy and left our Thanksgiving dinner to wait out in the cold. While Chris and I were at my in-laws for dessert we got a text begging for a to drop off a hot chocolate on our way home. When we got to the line outside of the store, we had this crazy idea to do an outreach the following year where we just brought people free hot cocoa, coffee and tea to share the love of God while they waited in line. So last night we did just that. 11 of us headed over to Best Buy and Toys-R-Us (8 of us being youth) and blew people's minds with the love of Christ. I could probably write a 10 page paper on the things that went on last night in the heart's of people, as well as my own, but I just leave it at this- when you display the love of God to others you just have the feeling that you are making Him smile.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Great idea!!

nikki galas said...

lori that is incredible!! count me in next year!!! :)

Julie Pannecouk said...

love it.. so cute! this night was worth being freezing:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...