Thursday, November 5, 2009

What about the thumb?

Sunday is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church and I have been studying the underground church around the world for days now. I want to share with you one excerpt from the book "Tortured for Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand that has managed to really grab my attention this morning.
I met a Russian couple, both sculptors. When I spoke to them about God, they answered, "No, God does not exist. We are bezboshniki- godless. But we will tell you something interesting that happened to us. Once we worked on a statue of Stalin. During the work, my wife asked me, 'How about the thumb? If we did not have an opposing thumb- if our fingers were like our toes- we could not hold a hammer, mallet, tool, book or piece of bread. Human life would be impossible without this little thumb. Now who made the thumb? We both learned Marxism in school and know that heaven and earth exist by themselves. They are not created by God. So I have learned and so I believe. But if God did not create heaven and earth, if He created only the thumb, He would be praiseworthy for this little thing. We praise Edison and Bell and Stephenson who have invented the electric bulb, telephone, railway and other things. But why should we not praise the One who has invented the thumb? If Edison had not a thumb, he would have invented nothing. It is only right to worship God who made the thumb.'"
If you are interested in learning more please go to:
Voice of the Martyrs
Open Door Ministry

To receive your FREE personal copy of "Tortured for Christ" please go to THIS WEBSITE.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...