Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Countdown...

This post is definitely overdue, but I wanted to share some of the fun stuff we did as a family to get ready for our much-needed vacation. Like I said here, I want to make vacations special, just like they were for me growing up. One way we did that was have special things planned beforehand to help boost the anticipation. We started with a "Vacation Countdown." I got the mickey paint cards from Home Depot and numbered them for the month before our trip. Isaac would wake up everyday and remind me to take down another mickey.

Then the week before we left we opened presents in number order with stuff that would help remind us of what we would be seeing in Florida... that meant a lot of Mickey and princess stuff!
Then lastly we had a "Mickey Celebration" the night that Madeline and Christopher came over. We had Mickey decorations, Mickey games and Mickey chicken nuggets. Our pre-vacation activities not only got the kids excited, but me as well. I was less worried about all the laundry, packing and loose ends and more focused on getting away with my family. Plus my kids had so much new stuff they didn't care if we bought anything while we were down there!

1 comment:

MEg said...

What a good idea with the mickey paint cards!!! You are so creative!! and your vacation pictures look like you had a very pleasant time away :-) missed you!! COFFEE SOON!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...