Wednesday, November 11, 2009

not one of my finer moments!

I had one of those "I-have-to-get-out-of-the-house" days, so I packed everyone up and went to McDonald's for lunch. While we were sitting there with our happy meals, I asked Isaac to pray over the food. He started saying his prayer as loud as he possibly could, and without thinking and before I even realized what I was doing, I leaned over and said "shhhhhhhhh" in his ear. Isaac abruptly stopped his prayer and loudly asked, "why you shhhhh me when I pray to Jesus?" I was mortified... not at the loudness of his question, but that he had to ask it at all. I told him to continue his prayer at the volume he wanted and we all bowed our heads.
Ohhhhhhh, will I ever learn???

2 comments:

One Thing... said...

I love that face! You are doing things right. Don't doubt that. You have a son that prays boldly in public places. How can that be wrong?

Kathy said...

You go Issac!!!!!
I just pray that he will praise God the same way! Remember Eric? I shhhhh him one time at church as I wanted to make sure he was truly praising God and not showing off. I got corrected by a few adults for doing so.
I happy to say, that Eric still praises God with his whole heart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...