Sunday, November 1, 2009

a professional tree hugger

Today was such a wonderful day at our annual Legacy IMPACT Retreat. At the very end of the day, I joined the students in a high ropes course way up in the trees. I haven't done one of these since college! I spent half the time hugging the platform tree before I slowly made my way onto the next course. Should a 30 year old mom of 2 really be walking on a balance beam stretched between 2 trees 30 feet in the air? What was I thinking? I am definitely not posting the extremely unflattering pictures that were taken of me up in the air with a harness on, but I will say that I had a blast challenging myself to do the things that I thought might be impossible. Thanks to all the students that talked me through the course... I might possibly have the best job in the world!
More pictures at the LEGACY Blog

1 comment:

One Thing... said...

Thanks for calling this morning and giving me a good laugh at your expense. I wish there was video footage. You are a great youth pastor and I love hearing about what you do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...