Thursday, January 27, 2011

Super Simple Gel Paints

 Today we made Gel Paints. So much fun! 
(I found the idea here.Thanks In A Nut Shell).
The recipe is super simple!

Over a stovetop, heat 1/2 cup of cornstarch and 2 1/4 cups of water. Wisk until gel forms. Once cooled slightly, pour into heat safe containers. Mix with food coloring (about 10-12 drops) and stir. Make sure the kids don't use them until they have cooled off enough.
 We started off by using foam paint brushes, but ended up using them more as finger paint. Be careful, they do stain, but it washed off our hands after a few tries.
 
 
 
 
I cut up an old diaper box and used the cardboard for them to paint. Huge props to my husband who purchased me this Ryobi cutter for my kitchen. I use it all the time and it's amazing for cutting cardboard. It takes 5 seconds! (When he gave it to me I said I would never use it... I was wrong... again.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...