Monday, January 10, 2011

OUT with the old and IN with the new.

Yes, it took me until today to take down my Christmas decorations. Chris couldn't believe it. I am usually biting at the bit to take them down the minute it hits midnight on New Years Eve. But finally today, it's out with the old...
 ... and in with the new. I am so excited for Valentine's Day this year! Christmas came and went, and I wasn't able to do all the fun things I usually do, so V-Day will be my stand in this year.
 I always go to the stores and purchase things after the holiday is over. Then I store it away in a season box until it comes time for that holiday again. Not only do I save tons of money, but it's so much fun to pull out the box and see all the new stuff for that year. (Most of this stuff was purchased for pennies... seriously, $.19 for the 6-piece cute conversation heart plastic holders!)

I've always enjoyed Valentine's day and have been saving a couple of ideas for this year. I'm not sure how many of them I will get to (I have our annual winter youth retreat the weekend prior), but hopefully I can get inspired by these incredible people to do something a little extra this year!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I'm SOOO making that white chocolate peppermint popcorn! Thanks for posting that! Now hopefully I can find a few super cheap boxes of candy canes that are still leftover from christmas. :) I love V-day...and it kinda is extra special to me this year. It will mark our 1 yr of homeschooling. We started last year right around V-day...actually a week before BUT we had a HUGE v-day celebration. I wante my kids to not miss out on celebrating like they do in "real" school. It was a success and I can't wait to do another V-day celebration with them again this year! the popcorn will help with that! :)

Nina Bunk said...

i love "how does she" i have a couple things bookmarked from her site!!

we are so making those cakes this year!! love that idea!
i also really love the actions speak louder! i actually might have some valentines material.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...