Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh the memories... now can we throw them away?

I am in the process of going through the basement... not cleaning it... really going through it. I am finding the most hilarious stuff! I can't wait for Chris to come home today. I am married to someone who loves to keep everything that has a story. I mean we have all the receipts from things we purchased for our house the first year we moved in. Here are a couple of examples of things I've rediscovered:

Here are some cassette tapes that I recorded my voice on while I was away from Chris for 4 years. I would talk into them and send them in the mail for him to listen to. We don't have a tape player that works in our house, but I can't wait to find my Walkman to listen to all the wonderful things I had to say to him while we were engaged! (Notice the beautiful stickers I used to decorate this masterpiece). If I remember right, I think I also put music on here... songs like "I Will Be Here" by Stephen Curtis Chapman and "If You Could See What I See" by Geoff Moore and the Distance. Classic.
 I found an envelope with letters from my teammates that went with me to Uganda Africa in 1994. The top letter is my favorite because it was from one of the ladies that worked at the orphanage that we called "Mama Rose." She also made each of us a handkerchief to take home with us.
 This one is the funniest. My sister Keri used to send me the most hilarious cards when I was in college. This is the only one I could show without SERIOUSLY embarrassing us both. Let's just say each card had pictures with captions. Priceless!
I'm sure I will find more hilarious stuff the farther I dig through. The kids are having a blast. They have already scored a Mickey Mouse alarm clock, a Mr. Potato Head keychain and a personal back massager. Have no idea why we kept any of it!

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

Oh my goodness!!! I zoomed in to read those captions and was cracking up! You can't ever get rid of those!!!

Jeni said...

I REMEMBER GETTING CARDS LIKE THAT FROM KERI TOO LOL HAHA SO AWESOME

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...