Sunday, May 2, 2010

the packing list...

Even though this is my 3rd pregnancy, I still love getting the emails that update me about what I am experiencing each week. This week, along with my update, I received a article on what to pack for the hospital or birthing center. At only 19 weeks, it seems pretty early for me to be receiving this email, but I clicked on it to see what they had to say. I was cracking up... here are some of the things on the list...
  1. several copies of your birth plan for each nurse and doctor you encounter
  2. diversion for long labor, including puzzles, deck of cards and favorite magazines
  3. pre-paid phone card for long distance calls to friends and relatives
  4. a bathing suit (for baths or showers during labor)
  5. a book on newborn care
Although these are wonderful things to have, and I probably brought all of them for my 1st pregnancy, these are the things I will have with me this time...
  1. my husband
  2. my toothbrush
  3. ear plugs
Any moms want to way in on the things they would make sure they would have or wouldn't have at the hospital this time around?

4 comments:

Tina said...

my 2nd time around i knew better, so i was sure to bring a bobby pin, a ponytail holder, chapstick, and warm socks.
i left the newborn book & bathing suit home with the multiple copies of my birth plan! seriously? :)
ps: i really thing babycenter should update their emails! pre-paid calling card? this was obviously developed far before cell phones.

Keri said...

dont forget your boppy :)
and of course your gatorade for after birth :)

Mrs. Brady said...

after my two youngest children showed up unexpectedly early, i would just like the opportunity to pack a bag!
although, i have gotten used to just having a baby with my purse in tow. thank goodness for my wonderful husband who took down multiple lists of things to pick up from the house the next time he went home.
"oh, honey, don't forget to grab my night gaurd!"

denise said...

You would know better than me, I only did it one time. BUT....
-ear plugs are a must!
-my own pillow
-my own blanket
-My own hand soap
-snacks for when they can't get to me fast enough
-my own tums that I don't have to wait 3 hours to get approve to take
-camera
-laptop (wish my hospital had WiFi, but I uploaded the pics to clear off my memory card)
-tv shows/movies on DVD to play on my laptop

that is all I can think of right now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...