Monday, May 3, 2010

helping my kids help kids around the world

My parents go on several missions trips throughout the year and are always excited to come back and share the amazing things God does overseas. My mom mentioned to me last week that she wanted to start collecting kid's meal toys to bring to the kids in 3rd world countries (the conversation started b/c of my endeavor to purge everything ridiculous in my house and I was throwing all the meal toys away). I have 1st hand experience how much those small, inexpensive toys mean to kids who have little or nothing to play with. Will you help us? Would you put any kids meal toys that you are getting rid of this year into a box and give it to me or my mom to donate to kids who don't have much? It might even be a GREAT project to share with your kids and explain about missions and giving. We will be doing this all year long, so there is no rush. When you are ready to donate, just send me an email so I can hook up with you to get them, or just drop them off in or in front of my office at the church. Thank you so much!Here are a couple of GREAT sites that I use with my children to help them to understand mission work and what kids all over the world encounter on a daily basis.
Kids of Courage: Voice of the Martyrs
Kids on Mission
Kid Mission
10 ways to help kids love missions (John Piper Ministries)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...