Monday, May 24, 2010

my lil' zo-zo

I have had such a difficult week with Zoey. She just seems to be at that age where she wants her independence, but still wants me to wait on her hand and foot. I am exhausted! I love this girl to death, but she has been pushing every single button I have and it takes every ounce of patience to keep myself going. I told Chris this week I have been at my wits end and even had to call him at work to calm me down when I over-reacted to something she had done wrong. Well, today I had a couple of hours with just the two of us. She woke up from her nap and we spent over an hour just giggling, cuddling and rubbing each other's back (she is a really good back-rubber, by the way.) Why does it seem I need to constantly remind myself to take it all in. In my head I know that I need to allow her to grow, learn and explore, but I still get frustrated when she dumps the blocks on the floor that I just put away. She is my gift from God, and although every hour might not be the most relaxing, I still smile ear to ear when I hear her say things like "mama, love you" or "mama, where are you?" Thank you Lord for giving me my amazing blessings and help me to remember the many reasons they are in my life.
Now I have to go because she is tap dancing in a cup of milk she just spilled all over our hardwood floors.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...