Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Heartbreak of the day

Yesterday when Chris and I got home from our ultrasound, Isaac and I had a conversation that made me so sad.

Isaac: Whose belly did I come from?
Me: Mine
Isaac: Whose belly did Daddy come from?
Me: Grandy
Isaac: Whose belly did you come from?
Me: Grandma
Isaac: Whose belly did Grandpa come from?
Me: Grandma Neva
Isaac: Whose belly did Grandma come from?
Me: Nonne
Isaac: I don't know Nonne
Me: I know, buddy

Ugh. My heart was hurt for the rest of the night. It's so heartbreaking that my kids will not know one of the most influential ladies in my life. Isaac would have LOVED my grandmother, and she definitely would have gotten a kick out of him... and the rest of her crazy great-grandchildren, for that matter. During the last few months of her life, Isaac would go visit Nonne a couple of times a week, because she loved watching him crawl around her townhouse. It would bring her so much joy. He was only 9 months old when she passed away. He was the only grandchild she had the privilege of knowing, and for that 9 months of love I will forever be grateful.

1 comment:

Life with Linda said...

ok, that made me cry... It's how i felt about all you kids not getting to know my Dad too.
I remember Nonne! She was my Girl Scout Leader, long before Patty was even my friend, then my sister. Nonne was the most amazing lady! AL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...