Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You know you're a mom when...

You Know You’re a Mom When...
(taken from Holly Furtick's blog)

  1. You have signed a check with a crayon
  2. You wish your baby monitor had a snooze button
  3. You can feed a small family with all of the french fries, goldfish, and various other crumbs found in the back of your mini-van
  4. You find yourself constantly talking in 3rd person, “Mommy said NO!”
  5. You child has taken two baths today but you haven’t had a shower in two days!
  6. You can think of 1000 different ways to use a baby wipe that don’t involve changing a diaper
  7. Instead of singing in the shower you say things like
    • Don’t open the door
    • Go watch dora
    • No, you can’t get in
    • Is anyone hurt?
  8. An uninterrupted shower feels like a day at the spa.
  9. You know all the words to every theme song on Nick Jr. but you can’t remember where your keys or cell phone are
  10. When on that rare chance that you go to the grocery store alone, you walk the isles slowly as if in a museum.

6 comments:

victoria Pace said...

lol that made me laugh!

Mantle Ministries said...

Reading those comments brought back so many memories. There are some things I miss, like bed time stories and hugs in the morning. But As God thought this whole thing through, I now have grandchildren to make new memories. This time I get a lot of much needed breaks (and unfortunately have taken them for grated. Thank you for reminding me of how blessed I truly am.) I am in the blessing time of life. Thank you Jesus for making our lives so perfect in your Love.

denise said...

LOVE IT - it's PERFECT!

Jaimie said...

hahahhahhaa....I love going to the "museum"

Melissa said...

oh my goodness- hilarious! especially the grocery store one!

Unknown said...

I'm rolling on the floor right now (ok, not really, but I want to!)...this was the best...especially the shower one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...