Sunday, June 7, 2009

The early morning...

I am up pretty early, and for the 1st time in a long time it's by choice. Sometimes I forget about the early morning. I'm usually so excited to have another 5 minutes to rest before my kids call my name, that I forget how peaceful 5am is. I read this from My Utmost this morning and wanted to pass it along...

"Am I fulfilling this ministry of intercession deep within the hidden recesses of my life? There is no trap nor any danger at all of being deceived or of showing pride in true intercession. It is a hidden ministry that brings forth fruit through which the Father is glorified. Am I allowing my spiritual life to waste away, or am I focused, bringing everything to one central point— the atonement of my Lord? Is Jesus Christ more and more dominating every interest of my life? If the central point, or the most powerful influence, of my life is the atonement of the Lord, then every aspect of my life will bear fruit for Him."
-Oswald Chambers-

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I love the early morning hours. Sometimes I regret getting up early when I don't have to because I'm tired later in the day, but most of the time it's worth it for the quiet hours before anyone else wakes up!

lori bunk said...

dad-
isn't it crazy that this was my devotion for sunday morning BEFORE church???? boy, was i convicted today!!!

denise said...

"every aspect of my life will bear fruit for him" I constantly have to remember that everything we do is for Him and reflects on him. Sometimes I forget that when I'm tired with cranky kids in Walmart and I have a nosy cashier. Thanks for the reminder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...