Thursday, June 11, 2009

A house without books is like a room without windows. (Heinrich Mann)

As long as I can remember I have loved to read, but my obsession with books started sometime in college. There is nothing like the feeling of finishing a good book and beginning another one. The Sunflower by Simon Wiesenthal was amazing, and only took me a couple of hours to get thru. Wiesenthal, imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp, was forced to listen to a wounded Nazi soldier plead for forgiveness for all of his crimes. It's a moral struggle of repentance and forgiveness. Incredible!
I just started Pastor's Daughter by W. Heimburg and I love the smell of this old book! I definitely don't have as much time to read as I used to, but it has made me appreciate the time I do have to curl up with a good book.
So, my question to you is...
What book would you grab if you had a couple of hours?

5 comments:

Kathy said...

read every night before I go to bed. Starting a new book that I picked up, in March, at International House of Prayer, "Song of The Bride" by Jeanne Guyon. The back cover says it's the greatest love story ever written. "Allow your heart to draw near to the heart of God on this journey to the Father's love." I'll let you know how it goes.

Nina Bunk said...

i love reading!! especially now that i have my book club, it makes me read books i wouldn't normally pick!! we have almost 8 weeks until our next meeting so i am going to try and read 2 books!!

the elegance of the hedgehog
snowflower and the secret fan

although i just read the first chapter of the screwtape letters and found it very interesting!!!

lori bunk said...

i read the screwtape letters in college and loved it. i was actually laughing thru a lot of it b/c it was SO TRUE!

Shawna said...

reading..books?!?! You mean there are other books out their besides pregnancy books, baby name books, baby books, toddler books, preschooler books?!?!?! That is about all I have time for these days and I really don't even have time for those! LOL! Haven't read in a LONG time and I don't imagine I will be anytime soon either. Glad you can still enjoy some good books! Read some for me okay?!?!! :) I miss you lori beth!

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

i'd finish my last 20 pages of the book nina lent me! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...