Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hanging with my girls!

I was thinking this week how blessed I am to be surrounded by amazing women! I had an opportunity tonight to be around some of them, and it was so wonderful. I did come to the realization, though, that painting pottery is not a stress-free activity... but when you pair it with chicken salad, coke-zero and lots of laughs, everything turns out alright. I decided to make "birthday plates" for my kids. I am going to force them to use them for every birthday until the day I die!

Thank you to all my wonderful friends for making my 30th birthday so special! I am totally overwhelmed!
My mom and Mary Ann chatting awayJenny and Jaimie taking their time...
crunch time was soon to follow!I was sitting between the 2 pros. It made me very nervous!I know I look like I am in pain, but I took my project very seriously. I mean, I don't want my kids to resent me
the rest of my life!
Jill and Meghan making their Easter eggs.
(Actually, Jill is trying to cover up her name on the inside)My Plates! I am hoping they turn out a lot
better once they are fired.Nina's piggy bank.. which puts my plates to shame.
Yes people, she is good at EVERYTHING!!!

6 comments:

Nina Bunk said...

omg!!! your plates turned out super cute!! will you make mine for my kids!!!

Jaimie said...

What a fun night...I hope you had a Happy Birthday - and those plates are adorable!

One Thing... said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I hope you had a great birthday! Your plates are awesome and your kids will love them!!!! I bet anything Isaac will want to eat from it more than just on his birthday. Way cute!

Keri said...

ha ha that first picture looks like we are all being non-social and totally into our work. so funny.

denise said...

so cute, I LOVE painting pottery! I want to see pictures of how they look when they are done in the kiln. They always get such a nicer sheen and color to them. Your plates are adorable! I might have to steal your birthday plate idea :)

Shawna said...

WOW...looks like you had a GREAT birthday! You are definetly loved! I'm so happy you had such a great celebration. Wish I could have been there! :( Anyways..hope you are having a happy 30th..now that you are in the group with us "old" people. LOL! J/K! :) love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...