Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quoting my Toddler, Part 5

I had about an hour to spend with Isaac while Zoey took a nap, so I was trying to find something for us to do together. I took him to his closet and started naming things off: car puzzle, air hockey, candyland, building blocks, etc. He grabbed my hand and softly said "no mama, I don't want to do those." Then I asked him what he wanted to do. He grabbed my face in his hands and said "Let's just talk, mama." I didn't think he really meant it, but we went to the couch and it was true, he just wanted to talk! What???

7 comments:

Jeni said...

ISAAC???? ISAAC passed up the opportunity to do a PUZZLE ..... WOW .... that is a miracle!!!

lori bunk said...

i know... it's crazy!

One Thing... said...

Wow, that is awesome! What did you all talk about? I am curious to know. I love Isaac so much!

Life with Linda said...

when Joel was about this age, he asked me to take a walk with him around the block...then he said...when you go a long time without talking to someone it's like a wall gets built up..but when you talk...it comes down one brick at a time...

Shawna said...

That is SO precious!!! I love just talking with my kiddos too! Mya has been going to bed with me every night (that is another whole issue we are dealing with) and every night she wants to talk. Lately she has been giving me baby name suggestions..i think she's anxious to name her! LOL!

Shawna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
May-Day said...

i love you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...