Monday, January 26, 2009

Confucius says...

"The superior man is modest in his speech,
but exceeds in his actions."
Happy CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

Although we don't agree with most of the stuff associated with the Chinese New Year, we thought it was a great opportunity to study a new country. We ate Chinese food in Chinese take-out cartons, played games with chopsticks, made Chinese lanterns, learned how to write in Chinese, and of course, watched Kung Fu Panda. For lunch, we made General Tso Chicken with a veggie stirfry... I am making that again, so good! We also learned a lot about China and even prayed for some of the persecuted Christians imprisoned there for their faith and are going to be sending a couple of letters their way. We prayer adopted a woman named "Li Mei" who is currently serving time in China for being caught at a worship service. Her crimes were: singing hymns to villagers, showing the Jesus film in a nursing home and praying for healing for a disabled man. You can find out more @ Voice of the Martyrs.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

you are so creative ..... and such an amazing mother!!!!!!

Keri said...

I would like a letter from my nephew in chinese. Thanks.

One Thing... said...

I wish I was part of your family and got to so all this cool stuff. You are a fun mom! P.S., did I win the painting?

nikki galas said...

I think I'm jealous of Isaac...

Kathy said...

What, no "Big Bird goes to China?"
Just thought I'd ask.

May-Day said...

I am actually chinese.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...