Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 things

25 random things about me:

1. i am completely obsessed with coffee and am a different person when i haven't had any (just ask the youth!) i actually have to limit myself during the day or it would be all i would ever drink.

2. my favorite tv show growing up was "the young riders" which was about the pony express. jimmy was always my favorite guy, but i loved teaspoon and the kid. (does anyone even know what i'm talking about besides keri?)

3. i love scars... mine and others. i think the stories behind them are so interesting. i used to try to get scars when i was younger by messing with my cuts and scrapes.

4. i would eat mexican food for every meal if it was available to me... and i love putting tabasco on almost anything.

5. i LOVE to travel.. for mission trips and vacations. i've been a lot of places, but if i could choose one place to go next, it would be either greece or mongolia.

6. i took a trip to uganda, africa when i was 15 years old. while i as there i ate a large fried ant, snake skin soup and some very questionable gravy. we also were not able to shower for the entire month. I tried to clean up by rinsing my hair in a bucket of water.

7. i hate wearing socks, and try not to whenever possible... i think i passed that trait on to my son.

8. i love to cook, and would do it all day long if i could, BUT i HATE to bake and am horrible at it!

9. during a spring break impact trip my senior year of college, i was on a wave-runner with a friend when he crashed it into another friend at a very high speed. our group also crashed 2 boats on the same trip- we had to dish out a lot of money for repairs!

10. there is nothing in the world i want to do more than indoor skydiving! chris promised to take me one day and i am still holding out hope.

11. i can name all of the states in alphabetical order (yes, it's a song and i love to sing it to the youth at least once a year)

12. i always need chapstick

13. while in africa i was able to go to the source of the nile. it wasn't at all what i expected... it's so intense that if you were to fall in you would not survive

14. i love looking at people's feet. i don't really care to touch them (unless they belong to my children), but if you have them exposed, i will probably check to see what they look like.

15. chris and i talk about going back to alaska at least once every month- it was one of the most beautiful places i have ever been and i cannot wait to go back.

16. gene kelly is my favorite actor of all time. i know a lot of his movies by heart and did a report on him while in high school. my favs are "on the town", "anchors aweigh", and "take me out to the ballgame"

17. in high school, my sister and i would always use pet-names for each other when we played sports together.... "nag/mule", "L and K all the way", "rocky/colt" and "zip/zap" Anyone know what these are from?

18. i went scuba-diving in the caymans. when i 1st got in i didn't think i would be able to do it, when i was done i told chris it was the most amazing thing i have ever done and couldn't wait to do it again.

19. i love libraries.

20. the time in my life that i changed the most was the 4-years i was away at college. my life would have been much different if i would not have moved to springfield.

21. i love watching hockey.

22. i would have only had to take 1 more class at college to have a english minor. my reasons for not doing so were so lame and now regrettable.

23. i prefer to be cold than hot.. in ANY situation!

24. i love spending time with my kids and miss them terribly when they are not around, even though i know they are fine without me.

25. if i have Jesus and my family, i will always be ok... oh, and maybe a grande coffee.

9 comments:

Matt Bunk said...

nag/mule is from a league of their own.

Keri said...

Lay off the high ones

Anonymous said...

The Young Riders! Jimmy was Erin and my favorite too! LOL! How did you ever survive without a shower for a whole month?! I know that makes me sound like a spoiled American but SHEESH! I don't think I could live without my clean hot shower.

Life with Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life with Linda said...

Was young riders the show where one of them was a girl in disguise?


I told Nathan & joel they had an older sister that I gave away for being naughty....lol blame the DNA

lori bunk said...

yes... "lou" was the girl and she ended up marrying the kid. oh i miss that show. i wish it would come out on dvd, i would freak out!

Anonymous said...

They do have the first season of Young Riders on DVD. My dad saw it at Best Buy and almost bought it :)

One Thing... said...

They have a place in Orlando where you can do indoor skydiving. Chris can take you there. Thanks for reminding me about all the accidents on out Impact trip. Fun times! I remember your Mongolia part of your dorn wall your freshman year. You are cool.

Shawna said...

OH MY! I almost completely forgot about that crazy FL spring impact trip and crashing the boats! That was crazy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...