Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy CiNnAmOn Day!

It's CINNAMON day and my house smells amazing! We made cinnamon french toast, scratch-n-sniff cinnamon bears, cinnamon clay, cinnamon buns and learned about what cinnamon is and can be used for. I even snuck a mug of cinnamon coffee!
Did you know...
  1. is native to Sri Lanka
  2. can be used to treat toothaches and bad breath
  3. has been used as an insect repellent
  4. it's impossible to swallow a tablespoon without choking
  5. it was a luxury in Bible times
  6. it was an ingredient in the tabernacle anointing oil
Exodus 30:22-29
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant cane, 24 500 shekels of cassia—all according to the sanctuary shekel—and a hin of olive oil. Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil. Then use it to anoint the Tent of Meeting, the ark of the Testimony, the table and all its articles, the lampstand and its accessories, the altar of incense, the altar of burnt offering and all its utensils, and the basin with its stand. You shall consecrate them so they will be most holy, and whatever touches them will be holy.

9 comments:

Shawna said...

I wasn't aware it was cinnimon day...BUT i did make cinnimon toast for the kiddos this morning (that is what I make when we are out of all our other breakfast items..today is also grocery shopping day!) Happy cinnimon day!

lori bunk said...

haha... it's not really cinnamon day, i just make up different themes every monday for isaac. but i'm glad you could join us for breakfast!

Shawna said...

You are so creative..you get the best mommy award! Can you come and entertain my kids for a week? These days I haven't been very fun..just with being sick and all. I feel so bad cuz I know they miss doing fun stuff. It's just SO hard when i feel sick and when i'm SO tired all the time.

Tommy Sheerer said...

I think you and Chris should both eat a tablespoon of cinnamon to see if thats true. Hey can you think of a any better way to end cinnamon day??

Tommy Sheerer said...

ha ha - i did what nina always does. its me keri - not tommy.

denise said...

I agree with "Tommy" aka Keri. I think you guys should try to eat the tablespoon of cinnamon. I think that is SUCH a youth pastor thing to do. Both should do it, but at least one of you - and record it and post it :)

lori bunk said...

you guys are crazy... didn't you read the part where it said "CHOKE" besides, i had to eat a pie without my hands on sunday for the youth, so i think i paid my dues this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I still feel kinda guilty about being the only one that cheered when you got whipped cream in the face. All of the other girls looked so horrified and even Zach seemed a little timid when I went to give him a high five. I know I know, next time it will be me :)

My fav pick is the one with Isaac holding the cinnamon, looking all proper with his pinky out. Too cute! Cute ideas too!

lori bunk said...

don't worry meg... you'll pay your dues!!!

(it was funny seeing how the ones that don't know me react... )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...