Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tonight was a good night.

Tonight was a good night.
Tonight was our Thursday night prayer meeting, and as usual, Isaac, Zoey and I arrived at 6pm with plenty of snacks and books in tow. Zoey had settled in her stroller and Isaac was eating his goldfish and coloring in the corner, so I then proceeded to grab my coffee and pace in the back of the sanctuary to pray. About 5 minutes in, Isaac tugged at my leg and asked me if I was praying to Jesus. When I said yes, he asked if he could pray and I nodded yes. He then began to walk back and forth in the sanctuary, hands folded, saying "Jesus" over and over. As you can imagine, I started to tear up. So many times I have felt guilty for dragging my kids to commitments that I have made, instead of feeling fortunate that I am exposing them to the things that are the most important in my life. Tonight changed that viewpoint. Although I want to be careful not to encourage Isaac to repetitiously do things just because someone else does, I am grateful for the opportunity to share these moments with him and teach him about our relationship with Jesus.
Tonight was a good night.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

The greatest teacher is example. Keep up the great work!

Rachel said...

i almost teared up. ha. i'm not usually emotional. that is adorable

denise said...

what a great story! he will never know a life without prayer to God, how awesome is that!

Did he get a haircut? He looks so different in the picture, younger than his "grown up" look he has been sporting in pics lately. So CUTE!

Jaimie said...

What a special moment:)

One Thing... said...

Awesome story. A litte boy after God's heart. You and Chris are great parents!

lori bunk said...

this pic was just after his bath where he brushed his own hair... so it looks a little weird

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...