Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Spitting Image...


When I was growing up, my mom would frequently say "I hope you have a kid just like you," to which I would respond, "I hope so too!" Well, I really wish I could take that back... especially after seeing that play out in my face tonight. Most people say that Isaac is the spitting image of Chris, but tonight I am to blame. I wish the Lord would consult with us during the 9 month gestation period and ask us which personality traits we would like to pass on to our kids. Instead, he creates these little beings that put us face to face with all of the things we've worked to hard to cover. My prayer is that the Lord uses the things he has taught me to help Isaac become more like His Heavenly Father. I have a feeling this is only the beginning...

2 comments:

One Thing... said...

You're incredible so if Isaac is like you, he's got a lot going for him. What did he do?

Life with Linda said...

yeah...it gets worse...wait till he's a teen...lucky for you, you were a good kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...