Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sak Saum

Ever since I was introduced to the teachings of Christine Caine and The A21 Campaign, I have been totally distraught over the devastation of human trafficking.

Did you know that human trafficking is the second largest global organized crime today, generating approximately 31.6 billion USD each year? And that specifically, trafficking for sexual exploitation generates 27.8 billion USD per year? 

That's why I was so excited to attend a purse party tonight, hosted by our church's women's ministry, that supported Sak Saum "a ministry that offers rescue, rehabilitation and restoration to vulnerable and exploited women who have experienced firsthand the devastation of trafficking.". The particular purses and accessories we bought tonight were made by women in Cambodia. It was so much fun... and for such a great cause!
 I got a purse for me and a coin purse for Zoey (I couldn't get a picture of it because she is sleeping with it). I think I secretly like her purse even more than mine!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...