Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Come on Zoey, we get to clean the basement!!!

We are implementing something new we came up with in our family team meeting.
Wanna know a little secret? I LOVE family team meetings.
We use them to help our kids come up with solutions to things that are struggles for our family. (We may use this sheet in the future when they are old enough to fill it out)

Our struggle for this meeting: mom's overwhelming amount of housework
Our solution: Integrate a point system where the kids can earn toys that they have had their eye on.

They still have chores that they have to do for no points.... this is their contribution for living in our house (put your toys away, keep your room clean, put your dirty clothes in baskets and bring to laundry room, etc), but for the bigger things they earn points toward their prize.
This is what Isaac decided on- that will cost him 50 points.
This is what Zoey decided on- that will cost her 25 points.

Today was amazing!
The kids were eager to help and I was astonished at how many things they did well.
So far, so good.... now I have to pick out what I want with ALL MY POINTS!!!!!

I know there are so many different ways people use to get their kids to do more around the house, and we've tried a few of them... this one is just so much fun for all of us! I love hearing "mom, what can I do to earn points?"

***Special Thank you to Denise for the cute stationary for my kids.... they love grabbing their notebooks and adding up all their points!! ***

2 comments:

Nina Bunk said...

um i love this idea!!!!!! and i am very intrigued about these family team meetings!

denise said...

I love that idea! What do you do at your family team meetings? Oh and I'm glad they like their notepads! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...