Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What has gotten into me???

I've been cooped up in the house with sick kids for the last 3 days, so I think that is why I am trying so many new recipes. When Chris smelled the nuts roasting in the oven last night, he laughed and told me to go to bed.
(He did say how much he loved them though!)
Cinnamon Roasted Nuts
1 pound of your favorite nuts
(I used pecans because I had them left over from something else)
1 egg white
1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of white sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Wisk egg white and vanilla in a bowl until frothy. Pour in nuts and coat all evenly. Mix cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar and salt in separate bowl. Toss nuts in dry mixture until coated evenly. Pour nuts onto baking sheet and bake in a 275 degree oven for 20 minutes. Flip nuts over and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Enjoy!
(I have to say, they make your house smell like you are at a Tiger's Game or the Yates Cider Mill!)

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I just might have to do this just so my house smells so yummy! :) I was just at the store...wish I would have bought some nuts! I may have to take a special just for some. These just sound SO yummy to me right now! :)

The Pennington Point said...

Yum! I have always wondered how to make these. I think we need some today! Thanks. Lisa~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...