Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Clay Charms

I found the perfect project for today.
Very easy to do... and very easy clean-up.
(Mold the clay and bake- it's that simple. The clay is a little hard to work with at first for little hands, but once I softened it a little for them, they could do it themselves.)
I purchased some Oven-Bake Clay from JoAnns ($.99 per color) to make some clay charms. We made all different kinds of charms, but my favorite were the "B" charms we made for all the Bunk kids! They were so excited. You do need pretty small cookie cutters to make necklace charms, but you could make other things as well.
(If I did this project over again, I would get string or yarn for the necklace instead of plastic cord, and I would have bought white clay and let them paint it after they baked. It would have made them a lot more personalized and special)
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...