Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dear Elijah...

I have a private blog to my children. Letters that I write to only them. It's a way for me to share the things on my heart and say prayers over them, where they can see and read them later on. I normally don't share them with anyone, but today's post challenged me so much I decided to re-post it here.
Dear Elijah,Your word for today is: Tenacious [tuh-ney-shuhs]:holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold; pertinacious, persistent; holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough
You are such a stinker! You are 5 months old and still don't want to sleep through the night. I decided last night to let you cry and NOT feed you a bottle at 2am and you cried for 3 hours straight! I finally gave in and gave you one at 5am. You are TENACIOUS! (I am not so much). I told your dad this morning how stubborn you were and we both shared a knowing smile. Although it kept me from sleeping last night... and for night's on end... I am so thankful you have a tenacious spirit. I want you to cry out to the God the same way you cry out for a bottle. I want you to hold on to God's promises until you see them fulfilled in the world around you. I can't wait to watch you plant your feet when you stand for righteousness or when something needs to be done God's way. You challenged me last night... mostly because I am not very tenacious. It is much easier for me to give in, to let go and to step aside. Thanks son, for reminding me that there are some things worth 3 hours of crying... just not sure a bottle is one of them!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

That is SUCH an awesome idea to have a private blog to your kids. I might have to steal that idea. Quick question...do you have a way to back up what you have written? Where you always have it even if say something happened to blogger and you could no longer access your blogs? just curious because I worry about something happening to my blog and then losing everything I've written. I'm not quite sure if there is a way to save it to my computer or something like that. (i'm SO bad with all the technical stuff...i have really no idea what I'm talking about..lol. I just don't want to lose my stuff.)

And WOW..what an awesome word to Elijah! That challenged me as well. :)

And I give you props for holding out 3 hrs while he cried. There is NO way I could EVER do that. I would have given in after 20 min of crying and being so tired that i just wanted to go back to sleep! lol. Way to be strong! :) Since I am not strong in that area...that is probably why I had gracie sleeping with me all night and she basically nursed all night long until she was 16 months old! :) Oh well, this too shall pass..right? Love you Lori Beth! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...