Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Swing Saga...

There is this swing.
I got it for my baby shower while pregnant with Isaac.
It's amazing.
My sister borrowed it for her kids.
Some friends returned the one they had to purchase this one.
All 3 of my kids have spent a lot of time in it.
Chris even rigged it to plug into the wall so I don't have to use batteries. 
It's a lifesaver.
This week it broke.
Chris pulled it all apart and my greatest fear came true. The motor was finished. I guess that's what happens when you run something for 5 straight years! I called Fisher Price... it would be $50 for a new motor. A new swing would be $140. Ugh! But I knew I couldn't live without it. My sister told me we could borrow hers until we got the motor in the mail. It was going to be a long week, until....

I was at Target and I got a call from Chris asking me to get a Lysol Freshmatic. You know, the thing you stick on your bathroom wall that sprays nasty smelling stuff to cover up the other nasty smelling stuff? I hesitantly asked him why, to which he laughed and said "I am going to fix the swing." And he did! He used that motor to replace the one in my 5-year old infant swing!
He is nuts.
And I love him even more!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Amazing!

Keri said...

That is crazy!

nikki galas said...

Love it!!! Definitely a Bunk move :)

denise said...

how cool! We were handed down that same swing after a friend's two kids. We used it ALL the time, it was a favorite over our other two had me down swings! It went out too :( But that same week I found another one at a garage sale and was THRILLED!

We also had the ocean wonder crib music boxes. Until we moved this last time, they kept it next to their beds and played the music at night - the same music as in that swing. Dalton gave it to me the other day and said he is too old for it now... so sad!

appleandi said...

Can Chris set our swing up with a plug?! We used it with all 3 kids too and I know it will get more use in a few weeks time. But with Monty we would replace the batteries at least once a month, that boy loved his swing! Nice going Chris!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...