Friday, December 17, 2010

It's a familiar scene...

You totally know what I am talking about.
A simple errand with 3 kids turns into a fiasco.
The DR called in a prescription to Walgreens for Isaac and ALL I had to do was get the kids in the car and pick it up at the drive-thru. I got it... for less than $4, which is a plus...  and was headed back home, drama-free. Until I realized they had given me caplets for my 4-year-old, instead of liquid. I knew what this meant....fiasco. I knew how crazy it was going to be and I even asked him if he would try swallowing the pill... he looked at me like I was crazy. So back into the car we went and into Walgreens (they won't return a prescription in the drive-thru because a manager has to get involved). The people working there were great and tried to speed things along, but 1/2 later, with all 3 kids super crabby, I finally exited the store. We are now home, drinking hot cocoa and watching a movie. I need to debrief.
 
 
 
 
Dear Lori,
Please be reminded to NEVER, under any circumstance, give your 2-year-old daughter hot cocoa in a cup without a lid. No matter how cute it seems!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

not just 2 yr old...3 yr old...and in my house 4, 5,6 OR 7...lol. I swear every winter I underestimate the mess my kids can make with a mug full of hot cocoa with no lid. It's something to do with the mugs I guess...causes them to be careless and spill. lol. But what fun is hot cocoa in a sippy cup??? lol. So every time...in a mug it goes..and you'll find me wiping up messes! lol.

Keri said...

where is the before and after pictures :)

very cute "before" pics - makes me want hot chocolate!

lori bunk said...

the last thing i was thinking is "where is my camera" she spilled it everywhere.... good thing i have hard wood floors or i would have been in big trouble!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...