Saturday, September 20, 2008

I may be starting a family war...

Last year when my parents decided to move out of the house we had for 30 years, they had all of us over and divided up most of their stuff. It was the weirdest day... going thru all of the stuff we grew up with and fighting over who got to take it home. Well, I know this is going to start a family war, but I took our famous paddle and I'm not sure my sisters know about it. In my defense, I was the one it was used on the most, so I think I should have it by default. Anyways, Isaac has been laughing when we say he is going to get a spanking so we introduced Isaac to the paddle yesterday and you should have seen his face... priceless. (By the way, the white rectangles on the wood are memory verses that we would have to read in our room while waiting for our parents to come in and discipline- they are all about "training" up a child. You can click on the picture and read them.)

5 comments:

Life with Linda said...

we had a similar paddle at our house...that very mysteriously dissapeared one day ...we have never found it. lol
and their still not talking.

Keri said...

You can have it - im still scared of that thing!!!

Jeni said...

i want it when i start having kids .... you know when i'm 45 years old!!!!!!!!

Shawna said...

I remember you telling me about that paddle! I like the idea of the verses on it..just might have to do something similar now that jordan is learning how to read! LOL!

Jaimie said...

That's scary!!! Very creative:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...