Monday, November 29, 2010

Tradition.

I am such a sucker for traditions! I love the ones that I grew up with, and I love the new ones we are creating for our family now. We always make it a special occasion when we decorate the tree for Christmas and it's fun to see the kids get excited and even know what we are going to do next. Isaac is even to the age where he reminds us how it goes when we try to skip something for time sake. (He's a boy after my own heart!) And the best part is that the Christmas season has only just begun!

4 comments:

April Maus said...

Ok, I LOVE the matching PJ's...were they from COSTCO?! I scoured the Roseville and Shelby COSTCO 2 weeks ago looking for matching PJs and to no avail!! So, good for you...now excuse me while I wallow in my sorrow..

lori bunk said...

i did get them from costco, but i got them right when they put them out... so i was lucky. i wasn't sure that isaac would like the footed ones, but he won't take them off!

denise said...

so, what ARE you Christmas tree setting up traditions?!?

lori bunk said...

well, we kind of make it a whole day thing. we head to home depot to get our tree... we always pick one that is wrapped up so that we don't know what it's going to look like until we get home (so far it's worked out and we haven't gotten a dud). we set up the tree, then sit down with hot cocoa and watch the polar express. each of the kids have their own ornaments they pick out every year from bronners, so isaac and zoey love to go through them and pick out theirs.

it's a not a very impressive day, but we love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...