Wednesday, November 3, 2010

God always has a way of reaching us....

I was so excited to sit through service tonight. My brother Matt was leading worship, my brother Tommy was preaching and I was ready to spend some time with God. Unfortunately Elijah woke up fussy right as the 2nd song was starting. I spent the rest of the remainder of the service in the hall and in the nursery, so I decided to leave a few minutes early. Zoey threw herself on the ground in the hallway and starting kicking her feet, Isaac was pouting because he didn't get to finish the game in his class and Elijah decided it was time to become hysterical.

On the drive home I put on some spontaneous worship songs by Kim Walker to drown out the noise and started to become a little emotional. I don't think it's possible to worship God and be self-loathing at the same time, but if it is, then I was doing it. Then all of a sudden in a really quiet voice, I heard my 4-year old say...

"I love the Holy Spirit."

And just like that it became one of the best nights of my life.

3 comments:

Nina Bunk said...

omg! i didn't knoe he was fussy, i would have taken him!!! i miss him!! plus he is all i need for an hour and then i don't need 1 of my own!! i will take him sunday for service!

lori bunk said...

DEAL!!!

Tina said...

oh. oh. wow.
so been there.
in the car even.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...