Thursday, September 2, 2010

I just gotta be me... trusting in Him.

Nursing vs. Formula
Immunizations vs. No Immunizations
Working vs. Stay-@-Home Mom
Home-school vs. Private School vs. Public School

I'm realizing more and more that there are numerous things that moms, or all parents for that matter, can disagree about. It's hard not to be passionate about the things we feel are important for the well-being of our children. The fact of the matter is, we all do what we feel is best for our family... otherwise we wouldn't do it. I'm realizing more than ever that I need to have the wisdom of God in every decision I make for my children and then trust that He is going to fill in the gaps. I welcome and openly ask for opinions and advice, but ultimately I answer to God, and I trust that He will lead and guide my steps. I used to think about Solomon and would get so impressed that when God offered him anything, he simply asked for wisdom, but at this phase of my life, I would probably ask for the same thing!!! I think God put this scripture in the Bible just for parents:

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

AMEN!!!

This week I have been thinking a lot about following God's leading in the midst of opposition and differing opinions...

I am currently writing a blog about one particular part of my testimony in this area... coming soon!!!

Shawna said...

VERY TRUE! We only have God to answer to in our choices we make as a parent. We just have to do our best and make the decsions we feel are best. Then trust God to give us wisdom! Thanks for posting this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...