Saturday, September 25, 2010

day 5

Well, we made it to day 5 and I woke up with a smile on my face. I knew 3 kids would be a lot (there were plenty of women who made sure I was aware), but I wasn't prepared for all the dynamics that come along with adding the 3rd child. Yes, the number of children is difficult, but for me, the ages and personalities are what make it very "interesting." I have a pre-school boy who is struggling with the balance of the older brother role and the I'm still only 4 mentality. My daughter's motherly instincts kicked in immediately... that is, until she realized my motherly instincts weren't making her the center of attention anymore. Then there is Elijah.... sweet, innocent Elijah... who has no idea the kind of family he was born into. Poor guy.I've had a couple of "moments" (so glad I can still blame the hormones at this point), but for the most part, the days have been filled with love, laughs and kisses. Chris and I even had the guts to talk about our next one... daring, I know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...