Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good 'ol Nahum

When my parents moved last year, they went thru all of their stuff and passed it out to us girls. One of my favorite things handed down to me was the 1st Bible my dad ever owned. It's so neat to see the things he highlighted and underlined while he was getting to know Jesus. I like to read it for my quiet time every morning, because I see scriptures I may have quickly passed over. Here's the scripture for today:

Nahum 1:7
"The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in Him."

3 comments:

Life with Linda said...

I Love going thru my old Bibles and checking out the highlights!!
I gave my "first saved" one away once...OH how I wish I had that back! I still pray the girl I gave it to, will get saved...her name is Mary- pray for her.

Unknown said...

I love this Lori, thanks for sharing!

Nina Bunk said...

seriously what a great verse, and you;'re right you would totally just skim over it!! keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...