Friday, June 6, 2008

I married a crazy man!


Well, it's officially June. My thermostat said 86 degrees, but it had to be in the 90's in the direct sun. Isaac and I started off our day dredging thru Chris' garage to find the compressor... then to find out how to turn it on... then how to use it. My house is definitely not ditsy girl friendly! Don't even get me started on the hose- we can have hot and cold water outside, which sounds nice, but if you don't know how it works it's a pain! Which one is COLD???? We finally got our pool up and filled and jumped in, er, climbed in carefully. Now we have had too much sun, took a bath and are enjoying our lunch in the air conditioning- we'll save the picnic for another day. I am so grateful that we have this day to spend together at home. I decided the errands for today can wait- we need a family break! We are going to take nap together, make a special dinner/dessert for daddy and breathe. Now if only I didn't overheat so easily. Happy Summer!

2 comments:

Life with Linda said...

that's more like it girl! You only have a few treasured days left with your one and only child...soon he will learn to share your attention...a hard lesson for a two year old...enjoy your sweet naps...

Matt Bunk said...

I don't know why children today have such short attention spans. Oh wait, because we can't just by them a normal pool. They need the pool/slide/basketball/ringtoss combo model. Why can't they just play with a stick like I did as a child. Or legos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...