Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer REACH 1...3...11

At the beginning of the summer we made a list of things we wanted to do to REACH out to the people around us. We weren't able to complete our list entirely, but I am so proud of the effort we made to put others before ourselves. Here is our 4th round of adventures:

Number 1:  Donate To A Food Bank.
We cleaned out our pantry and also went shopping for some additional items. The kids were very interested in where these items would go and wanted to make sure there were some good canned goods and boxed items for them to enjoy.

 Number 3:  Clean Up Litter In A Park.
For as long as I can remember I have been bothered by litter. I just don't understand why people feel it is OK to throw their trash on the ground. The kids and I went to a local park and spent an hour filling up our garbage bag. This REACH was more about teaching them the importance of being responsible.

Number 11: Make Gifts For Church Teachers.
Our family has been so blessed by the teachers God has sent us in Family Ministries at our church. For the last year we have had a child in every classroom! The kids and I spent some time writing thanks yous to some of the teachers that have poured into them the past few years.

1 comment:

victoria said...

all of the words on your mugs are perfectly straight! Nice!!!!! :)

ps... as a teacher, I would really enjoy this gift. (needless to say, I've received some very interesting ones) How sweet of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...