Saturday, June 16, 2012

ramblings: a broken-hearted youth pastor.

It's 3:40am and I just got back home from saying goodbye to our youth mission team heading to Haiti for 10 days. I kept a smile on my face, but secretly in my heart I was heartbroken that I wasn't able to go with them. A love for missions runs through my veins... it always will.

This is such a weird season of my life.
A very difficult season for someone like myself.
...but a very purposeful season.
I have 4 very specific reasons I am not going this year and they are all sleeping soundly upstairs. The hard part isn't knowing the reasons, that makes it worth is... the hard part is not being able to watch my students experience one of the most incredible things in life: stepping out in faith and seeing God's heart for people around the world. There's nothing like it. 

So until I am again able to fly coach with a group with matching shirts to a place where most people will never venture, I will count my blessings and pray that God finds me faithful in this season of my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...