Friday, March 18, 2011

Thankful Lips vs. Grateful Heart

I had no idea Chris took this picture at Isaac's party last night.
He was just about to open all his gifts, so I took the opportunity to have a "mom-talk" with him. It pretty much went like this: "say thank you after every gift, don't ask for more gifts, let all the other kids help you open them, etc" You know the drill. I didn't think twice about it until I saw the picture. I was then reminded of a parenting article I read last week. The title was "Thankful Lips vs. Grateful Heart" and it talked about teaching our kids how to be genuinely grateful, instead of just teaching them to mindlessly say "thank you" every time you give them the look. The article really made me think. I'm actually still thinking about it. So now the endeavor is to instill gratefulness in the heart of my little ones, and here are some articles that helped me with some ideas on how to do this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...