Tuesday, March 22, 2011

the infamous baby bjorn

I once heard a mom say that she gets so much done around the house by putting her baby in her "Baby Bjorn." I had so much to do today and Elijah wanted my undivided attention, so I decided to try this technique out.

Total Fail.

First of all, I think in order to get anything done, your child needs to be less than 2 months old... or at least not discovered how their hands work yet. Everything I touched, Elijah touched. It actually made things worse. Secondly, they should also probably be under the 10lb limit to avoid excruciating back pain. Lastly, when they know how to kick their feet to get your attention, it's not a good thing.

I wonder if he got sea sick, or whatever you call it when you are strapped to someone's stomach, because he seemed to be bouncing around a lot. We definitely had a lot of fun, but I DID NOT get a lot of stuff done around the house, and I may have even received a fat lip. Plus, what do you do when you have to lean over to pick something up. I'm not really admitting to anything, but there may have been a bumped forehead.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I had a baby sling and carried my babies on my hip or carried them forward facing facing outward. I had a baby carry similar to the baby bjoin but it did NOT help. lol. So I suggest getting a sling that you can use to carry them on your hip. I didn't have the back pain. I had to learn to do a few things a different way but I was able to get most of my stuff done. You can always tuck in little hands that like to grab at things! :) It takes a little while to get the hang of "baby wearing" to actually get things done. Like I said, you have to learn a new way to move around. lol. Love you Lori beth and miss you greatly! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...