Wednesday, August 18, 2010

holy hormones, batman!

Well, it's about that time... my hormones are WaCkEd out! I sent Chris a text yesterday that said "Isaac dumped juice all over the floor... I can't stop crying." I keep thinking that I need to pull it together, but then I start becoming even more emotional because of my failure to do so. It's crazy! At least I can laugh about it through my tears because of how ridiculous I feel. The great thing about this time is that I am also having that nesting feeling. I want to clean and purge EVERYTHING! (I hope I don't have too many Salvation Army donation regrets after the baby is born) I overheard Chris telling the kids the other night, "Mommy is 'nesting,' so stay out of her way." When Isaac asked what that meant, he said, "just like a mommy bird makes a nest for her babies and gets it all ready and nice for them." Isaac just laughed and said that was weird.
I don't think things would be so bad if I could bend over to pick things up without moaning, or if Zoey could sit on my lap without doing a back-bend... but this is the phase right now, and I am trying to remember to embrace it. In 5 weeks the pregnancy will be over and I will be shot into the newborn phase again... with a preschooler and a toddler at my heels. Lord, give me strength!

THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN BY MY FRIEND DENISE
@ DENISE SLATER PHOTOGRAPHY

2 comments:

Tina said...

the getting even more emotional because you can't get a grip on how emotional you are is too familiar. 5 more weeks! wow! have you decided on a name?

lori bunk said...

haha... no name yet... and it's driving me CRAZY!!!! names are super important to me and i love praying over the baby by name before they come out, so it's been super hard for me... but we just haven't figured it out yet. oh well, God knows His name, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...