Tuesday, August 3, 2010

always trying to find the balance.

Isaac- "Mommy, my teacher said that there are some things I can't touch because they have germs on them, so I just prayed and asked Jesus to take the germs away and then I can touch them."

I am having a hard time figuring out the balance of prayer with my kids. I want them to go to God with everything, but I don't want them to get the impression that He is just there to do whatever they want. I really thought parenting would be a lot easier than this... I want my kids to know God, end of story. Who knew that there were so many dynamics that go along with that? I think the number one prayer I have prayed since Isaac took his first breath was that God would give me WISDOM!

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I know! I'm right there with you. Praying for God to heal, for example. God can heal. God does heal. Not always. The inevitable, "why mommy?" is SO hard. Because his faith is so fresh & untainted.
He just recently said to me while we were driving "mommy, Jesus only doesn't answer the bad guy's prayers".
I want him to LOVE God. I'm with you. I wish he just didn't ask! But at the same time, am so glad he's asking me (even if I don't have the answers) b/c I'm afraid of who he could ask & how they may answer. You know? Okay...enough of my comments! Gosh, I wish we could have a play date, Lori!

lori bunk said...

if only texas was closer to michigan!!!

this started b/c both my kids will run up to me to pray for their boo-boos and will immediatly stop crying after i pray. i love that they want me to pray, but i'm afraid that asking God for healing has just replaced the boo-kiss. i'm not going to stop praying for them... just trying to find ways to make Jesus personal and not just a habit.

guess we all have the same issues and need the same wisdom!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...