Saturday, July 17, 2010

Champions For Life

It always takes me awhile to post about my week at Champions For Life Kids' Camp. Where do I start? Where do I end? How many details? Here's the deal: Out of all the ministry I am a part of, big or small, this is the one I feel is the closest to God's heart. It brings over 27 churches together, of all denominations, to minister to those who have been abused, abandoned and neglected. There are stories, upon stories... but let me just say that God was at work. He worked through me and in me and I am changed again. It's so heart-breaking to spend a week away from my kids, and being 30 weeks pregnant gave me some extra difficulties, but it was SO worth it!
Exodus 22:23
"If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry."
Psalms 68:5
"A father of the fatherless... is God in his holy habitation."


For more details on VisionHope and Champions For Life Kids' Camp, please click here. (Unfortunately because of working with wards of the court we were not able to take many pictures)

Special thanks to Chris' parents for loving and taking care of our kids this week so we could love and take care of others! You are a blessing!
Post from CFL 2009
Post from CFL 2008

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...