Monday, July 26, 2010

"A Look At The Proverbs" by Chris Bunk

My husband spends his nights at CFL camp in a cabin with all the youth guys. I always hear crazy stories about how they jump him and he has to "defend" himself, but am never quite sure how it really goes down. When one of the guys explained to me that a "headlock" was the same as a "man-hug", I knew I was in trouble. Well, when I went up to visit the 2nd week, Chris was sharing with me about some scriptures he was quoting to the guys each day. I was so happy he was able to share with the teens all the wonderful things God was showing him, until he started to quote the scriptures to me....

Proverbs 18:6
"By talking, a fool gets into an argument, and his mouth invites a beating."

Proverbs 19:29
"Punishments are set for mockers and beatings for the backs of fools."

Proverbs 19:25
"Strike a mocker, and a gullible person may learn a lesson. Warn an understanding person and he will gain more knowledge."

Proverbs 20:30
"Brutal beatings cleanse away wickedness. Such beatings cleanse the innermost being."

Thank you honey for "mentoring" our guys through these powerful scriptures. I know they are learning some valuable life lessons.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...