Friday, July 30, 2010

the looks...


I think as a mom, I just have to get used to the moments in life where I get "the looks." Today was one of those days at Zoey's check-up at the doctors. It started the moment we walked into the waiting room... crying, temper-tantrums, throwing her body about, emptying my purse in anger, etc. There were only a couple of other ladies there, but they were ALL giving me "the looks." I was very aware of how incredibly awful my daughter was acting, but at that point there really wasn't much I could do. She was worked up because....
- we just dropped her brother off at Grandy's and she couldn't stay
- she knew exactly where she was and didn't want to be there
- mommy can't hold her on her lap very well anymore and that's where she wanted to be
- it was pretty much naptime
The doctor was much more understanding. I apologized for my daughter being such a pistol, to which she responded, "I am sticking my fingers in her mouth against her will, she is allowed to not enjoy it." Thank you so much to my doctor who made me feel so much better. Anyways, her check-up went great. She is super tiny and light for her age (2oth percentile), but is very healthy and full of spunk!

1 comment:

Tina said...

been there. oh, the looks! from lilah and other more perfect moms of more perfect kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...