Monday, May 12, 2008

Before I was a Mother...

There are a couple of luxuries in life that I didn't take full advantage of before I was a mother. Finishing a magazine in one setting, the car keys being right where I left them, and TAKING A HOT SHOWER WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. Tonight I attempted to take a relaxing shower that lasted more than 5 minutes... by the end of my shower, my tub was full of bath toys, my toilet had been flushed 3 times and there was a chair and train sitting in the bathroom. Of course, now that I am completely finished, he doesn't want my attention, but would rather read books by himself in his bed... go figure. I really would love some of those simple pleasures I had in my life before Isaac, but then I see this face...

and I think... A long hot shower is overrated!

1 comment:

Nina Bunk said...

o u just wait until "baby elmo" likes headbands, and decides to throw them in the toilet while u r trying to run out the door! ha!
usually my nice long hot shower is at 9 or 10 at night, right before i crawl in bed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...